Autoliv creating 384 jobs over 5 years
The auto-safety manufacturer Autoliv is consolidating its operations in Southfield into one facility and is expecting to create 384 jobs over five years boosted by a $2.6 million grant approved by the Michigan Strategic Fund.
“It was a cost-saving move to consolidate all four of our electronics-based employees under one roof for our employees to better collaborate and efficiently serve our customers,” the company tells Metromode.
In October, the company broke ground for its 180,000-square-foot Electronics Technical Center. Construction is expected to be completed in the first half of 2019.
Jonna Construction, Harley Ellis Devereaux, and Signature Associates have all been tapped with work on the new facility. Autoliv’s hiring plans will mainly be in engineering, research, design, and development in sensor and radar technology, brake systems, and camera technology, according to the company.
Autoliv is a leading automotive safety supplier of airbags, seat belts, steering wheels, and more. With autonomous driving the engine for the future of mobility, the company says Autoliv is “fortunate to be among the leading companies providing technology to help save more lives.”
“We are unique in that our products must work as designed because they have only one change to get it right,” the company tells Metromode. “From airbags, seat belts, steering wheels, to night vision, radar, stereo vision cameras, safety is our business, and we trust that our customers and the end costumers will rely on us to keep them safe on the journey. ”
Also, Autoliv’s Auburn Hills Technology Center is undergoing what the company describes as a “refresh” over the next year and a half. Among the upgrades include workspaces, cafeteria, and conference rooms. Progress is underway on an estimated $1 million expansion, according to the City of Auburn Hills. The additional 124 spaces will bring the total number of parking spaces to 589, according to the city.
Autoliv has 70,000 employees across 80 facilities in 27 countries.
Posted By: Second Wave Media on December 27, 2017. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.