BJ’s Wholesale Club Expands to Michigan with 2 New Stores
BJ’s Wholesale Club, a Massachusetts-based company that operates 216 clubs and 136 gas stations in 16 states, is expanding to Michigan with locations in Madison Heights and Taylor. Both are expected to open next year.
“BJ’s is known for helping hard-working families save money, and metro Detroit is a great fit for our clubs,” says Christopher J. Baldwin, chairman and CEO. “Our expansion into this market is the result of our new, data-driven model for opening clubs, and we see significant potential in the region. We’re ready to serve eastern Michigan families and bring great career opportunities to the area.”
Baldwin says BJ’s is searching for sites for additional stores in metro Detroit. The Madison Heights location will be at 29101 John R. Road and the Taylor location will be at the intersection of Eureka Road and Racho Road.
The new clubs will feature groceries, prepared food, services such as buying online and picking up in-club, and digital coupons. The two clubs are expected to bring 300 new jobs for the stores and up to 1,000 construction jobs.
BJ’s expects to save families up to 25 percent compared to grocery store prices. The clubs in the two cities will also include a gas station.
Baldwin says the company donates unsold food on a daily basis to local Feeding American member food banks. BJ’s Feeding Communities program has donated more than 56 million meals.
Posted By: dbusiness on November 21, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.