Hazel Park Raceway redevelopment gets $21.44 million in brownfield financing
The Michigan Strategic Fund board approved the measure for New York City-based Ashley Capital’s redevelopment Tuesday.
The second phase of the Tri-County Commerce Center project is slated to bring a pair of new manufacturing, distribution or warehouse buildings to the remaining 95 acres of the racetrack site totaling about 1.49 million square feet: One about 650,000 square feet, the other 840,000 square feet, according to an MSF board memo.
The track at the southwest corner of 10 Mile and Dequindre roads closed in April after 69 years and a long streak of losing money, including at least $1 million annually before the switch from harness racing to thoroughbreds in 2014.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on November 27, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.