Healthmark Industries plans $12 million expansion of Fraser headquarters
A healthcare facilities supplier in Fraser has been awarded a $1 million performance-based grant to expand operations at its headquarters, a move that will create 139 new jobs, according to the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.
The grant complements Healthmark Industries’s $12 million, three-year expansion of its global headquarters in the Fraser Industrial Park on Pompo Drive, in the area of 15 Mile and Kelly roads.
A family business that began in 1969, Healthmark has been increasing production at the Fraser site over the past three years. It makes products for cleaning, decontaminating and storing surgical instruments and supplies in the healthcare industry.
The company has added on to two buildings for a total of 150,000 square feet, Ralph Basile, vice president of marketing and regulatory affairs, told Crain’s Detroit Business. A third adjacent building was purchased in the spring. Healthmark plans to demolish it and construct a 50,000-square-foot building for warehouse and production space on the property.
The demolition is expected to start in late winter or early spring, with the new building scheduled to be finished around 2020, Basile said.
Healthmark also plans to expand its workforce as a result of significant growth, state officials said. The company will add 139 employees to existing staff of 200 over the next three years. At the same time, Healthmark anticipates about a 20-percent growth in its revenue, according to Basile. The company had about $57 million in revenue in 2017.
Healthmark, which formerly operated in St. Clair Shores, still manufactures at the Fraser building it first acquired in 2008.
Michigan was chosen over competing sites in Arizona, Florida and Washington, D.C. The Fraser City Council has approved a 12-year tax abatement in support of the project.
Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel congratulated company officials on their planned expansion in the medical device industry.
“It’s always gratifying to see an existing company like Healthmark Industries continuing to grow in Macomb County,” Hackel said.
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation also awarded a $500,000 grant to Location Services LLC of Pittsfield Township, which provides repossession services to the automotive finance industry. That projects are expected to create 245 new jobs.
“These projects will lead to new business growth and good jobs for our talented workforce in key industry sectors, Jeff Mason, CEO of Michigan Economic Development Corporation, said in the release.
Posted By: Macomb Daily on October 21, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.