Michigan Metal Coatings to expand Port Huron presence, add jobs and investment dollars
The city of Port Huron has beat out competing sites in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky to have Michigan Metal Coatings expand its presence there. The news means dozens of new jobs and millions of dollars in capital investments for the city.
The company has announced its intent to purchase 66,375 square feet to grow its operations in Port Huron in order to expand capacity. Michigan Metal Coatings is already headquartered in Port Huron on Dove Street.
With the expansion comes the creation of approximately 41 new jobs and a total capital investment of up to $11 million. As a result, the Michigan Strategic Fund in cooperation with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation has approved a $200,000 performance-based grant for the company.
The Economic Development Alliance of St. Clair County also plans to reward the company and its decision, offering staff time in support of the project.
Michigan Metal Coatings provides metal finishing services to large automotive OEMS and non-automotive industries. An ISO 9001:2015 certified company with an A2LA accredited laboratory, the company is considered a leader in the application of chromium-free, corrosion resistant coating systems.
“We realize the importance of logistics and value in being close to your customers,” Pauline Repp, mayor of the City of Port Huron, says in a statement. “Recognizing that some of the company’s customers may be located in southern states, we are grateful to the MSF Board and MEDC for approving an incentive to help keep Michigan Metal Coatings right here in Port Huron,
“We are pleased that Michigan Metal Coatings finds our region a great place to do business and plans to remain in the area. We look forward to the company’s continued growth.”
The St. Clair EDA has worked with Michigan Metal Coatings in the past, including aiding the company’s initial relocation to Port Huron in 2006. It also assisted in the company’s equipment investments in 2013 and 2014.
“Since opening their Port Huron operations, Michigan Metal Coatings has become a leading corporate citizen for Port Huron and St. Clair County,” Bruce Seymore, EDA Director of Business and Community Services, says in a statement.
“We are excited to be able to work with Michigan Metal Coatings on their recent expansion, which shows the company is committed to retaining and creating jobs for our residents.”
Posted By: The Keel on August 9, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.