NEW AUTOLIV AUTOMOTIVE TECH CENTER HAS BROKEN GROUND IN SOUTHFIELD
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—March 26, 2018— Autoliv, a worldwide leader in automotive safety systems, recently broke ground on an approximately 180,000 square foot facility in Southfield located on American Drive and I-696. The building is projected to be finished in the first half of 2019. Signature Associates’ John Gordy brokered the deal, and has had a long-standing relationship with the landlord, Jonna Realty Ventures, and the tenant, Autoliv. Jonna’s sister company, Jonna Construction, is acting as the construction manager for the project.
This new build-to-suit opportunity sits on ten acres and will become Autoliv’s new North American Electronics Technical Center, helping them to consolidate their operations and relocate 600 workers with plans to hire more in the next five years. The property can house up to 900 Autoliv employees. Signature and Jonna have been working closely with the automotive safety giant to create the most efficient and collaborative space possible for their creation of new technologies. For more information about Autoliv and their achievements, see their website at www.autoliv.com.
“Jonna Realty Ventures and our sister company, Jonna Construction, are working together to build this state-of-the-art building for Autoliv,” said Christine Jonna Piligian, President of Jonna Realty Ventures, Inc. “The facility will provide an innovative environment to support the sophisticated operations conducted at the property, including the creation of automated driving technology and new, clean mobility along with other high-technology and engineering work. In its quest for innovative, cutting-edge technology, Autoliv will dedicate this building to its electronic business to create a specific culture for its spin-off firm, Veoneer.”
About Jonna Realty Ventures
Jonna Realty Ventures a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBENC), specializes in developing and managing apartments, retail, office, medical, high-technology, and industrial commercial real estate. For more than 37 years, the firm’s commitment to excellence in the industry has produced a large list of corporate clients that add up to development and management in excess of 4.3 million square feet.
Together with Jonna Construction, Jonna Realty Ventures aims to effectively provide development, brokerage, asset management, property management, and construction management services while keeping in mind the best interests of the client. Jonna’s success was founded upon the ideal that respect is vital to have an efficient work relationship. The experience of the principals of Jonna Realty Ventures, Inc. and the profound work ethic that it practices is what sets the firm apart from other companies.
About Signature Associates
Signature Associates, with offices in Southfield, Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Muskegon, Holland, Kalamazoo, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio, is the region’s leading commercial real estate firm. Signature provides a diverse selection of services, including brokerage, tenant representation, investment sales, advisory & management services, consulting and market research.
In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion. Additionally, our Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.