New York City-based The Hummus and Pita Co. to Open Five Restaurants in Metro Detroit
New York City-based The Hummus and Pita Co., a Mediterranean restaurant, has announced it will be expanding to Michigan. The company says it has signed a five-unit franchise deal to open locations in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Troy, Warren, and Canton Township.
The menu offers a variety of choices including Moroccan beans, Israeli couscous, pita and laffa breads, meats, and a line of sweet dessert hummuses in flavors such as chocolate, cookie dough, and cake batter. Gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options are also available.
The Troy store will be located inside Oakland Mall, while an exact location in downtown Detroit is pending. Both stores are slated to open in June.
Currently the Ann Arbor, Warren, and Canton Township locations are being scouted with one slated to open this year, bringing the expected total store openings here to three in 2018.
“We are very excited about the expansion of The Hummus and Pita Co. into Michigan,” says Dave Pesso, owner and founder of The Hummus and Pita Co. “It’s our mission to bring our craveable Mediterranean menu to new markets, and especially Detroit, which is experiencing such a revitalization.”
Opened as a family business in 2011, the company is known for its homemade cuisine and comfortable environment. All menu items are made from scratch on-site using fresh ingredients.
With current locations in Chelsea, Tribeca, and Hell’s Kitchen, The Hummus and Pita Co. has committed to 20 additional locations in the U.S. with stores slated to open in Connecticut, Denver, New Jersey, and elsewhere.
Posted By: dbusiness on February 6, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.