Novi-based Better Health Store to Expand and Relocate Locations in Grosse Pointe and Ann Arbor
Novi-based Better Health Store today announced that its Ann Arbor location will triple in size and expand its selection of products as it relocates in April to 3500 Washtenaw Ave, less than two miles east of its current location. In order to reflect the store’s wider variety of options, company will update the name of all its Better Health Markets to Better Health Market and Café.
The new Better Health Market and Café in Ann Arbor will total 9,000-square-feet which will allow space for the company to host community events and seminars. In addition to continuing to carry vitamins and supplements, the new location will offer organic produce, fresh meat, seafood and deli counters, and grocery products.
Additionally, a Nature’s Kitchen café will offer an organic salad bar, hot food bar, a house-made bakery and dessert items, and a smoothie and raw juice selection. A Kombucha Bar will feature an on draft selection of fermented, lightly effervescent teas.
“We are pleased to be able to best meet customer demand in Ann Arbor with our new and expanded store,” says Tedd Handelsman, founder and president of Better Health. “The location is terrific and so is the parking. We are certain our customers will enjoy our large café, additional departments, and our on-site nutritionist and knowledgeable staff who can help them lead a healthy lifestyle.”
Due to increased customer demand, it was announced two months ago that the company would also be doubling the size and relocating its Grosse Pointe location this summer to 19221 Mack Ave., a few blocks south of where it is currently located.
The move to the new 12,500-square-foot Grosse Pointe location will add more space to host community events and seminars as well as expand all departments including organic produce, fresh meat, seafood and deli counter, vitamins and supplements, and grocery. Featured in this store will be Nature’s Kitchen café. Construction is set for the first quarter of 2018 after Barnes and Noble, the current tenant, closes.
The Better Health Market and Café is a full line grocery store with a complete line of natural, organic, and nutritional products. It specializes in gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar free offerings, as well as vegetarian, vegan, paleo, and non-GMO foods.
“Our café has something for everyone, including the on-the-go customer, such as animal and plant-based entrées, sandwiches, wraps and burgers; smoothies and juices; vegetarian and vegan options; soups; and an organic salad bar,” says Handelsman.
Better Health Market & Cafe and Better Health Vitamin Stores are a privately owned group of stores with locations in Ann Arbor, Belleville, Beverly Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Dearborn, Grosse Pointe, Lansing, Livonia, Novi, Plymouth, Shelby Twp., Southgate, and Sterling Heights.
Posted By: dbusiness on January 26, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.