Southfield’s Lear Corp. Opens Manufacturing Facility in Flint
Lear Corp. in Southfield, a global supplier of automotive seating and electrical systems, celebrated the grand opening of a new manufacturing seating facility in Flint this past weekend.
The 156,000-square-foot facility is expected to employ about 600 people by the end of 2019. More than 400 will be new hires. The facility will build seats for the General Motors Flint Assembly plant and Indiana’s General Motors Fort Wayne plant.
“Flint is the definition of a community-driven city, fueled by dedicated people who are committed to making things happen,” says Ray Scott, president and CEO of Lear. “I see the opening of this plant as a way to show appreciation for Flint and bring together some of the hardest-working people in Michigan, while producing innovative, highest-quality products for our customers.”
The plant’s conveyor system uses the Lear Production System, which monitors all key elements of a seat. Waste and recycling efforts will ensure the facility is zero waste-to-landfill, and it will have energy-efficient lighting. About 30 percent of the more-than-33-acre site will be dedicated green space.
Lear plans to build a high-performance team-structured organization that fosters employee engagement. Plant associates will help manage many aspects of their teams. The facility will include modern, employee-friendly amenities.
The company is also renovating Dort Park in Flint. Updates include new landscaping, a picnic area, a play scape, and asphalt walking paths.
The facility will be the first major automotive supplier manufacturing facility constructed in Flint in more than 30 years.
Posted By: dbusiness on August 14, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.