WABCO Opens Americas Headquarters in Auburn Hills
The new 102,000 sq.-ft. facility demonstrates WABCO’s commitment to advancing innovations for the commercial vehicle industry in North America.
WABCO Holdings Inc., the leading global supplier of braking control systems and other advanced technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to officially open its new Americas headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI.
The new $20 million facility at 1220 Pacific Drive features an open, transparent design and includes office space on two floors, as well as WABCO’s Customer Experience Center, a vehicle test lab, training center and other amenities.
WABCO Chairman and CEO Jacques Esculier, and WABCO President, Americas, Jon Morrison, hosted the ceremony, and were joined by elected officials and business leaders from the area.
The 102,000 sq.-ft. building, located approximately 30 miles north of Detroit, brings WABCO’s engineering, quality, sales, marketing and corporate functions together in one location. Approximately 200 employees, including those who relocated from WABCO’s previous locations in nearby Rochester Hills and Troy, MI, work in the building. The company plans to add an additional 90 jobs at the site over the next 3 years.
“We’re excited to be in this beautiful new facility, which reflects WABCO’s leadership in technologies that advance the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles in this region,” said Morrison. “The new headquarters creates an environment that is intentionally open and transparent to foster collaboration, inspire innovation and strengthen global connectivity. Not only is this a great place for our employees to come and work every day, but it also acts as a catalyst for developing and advancing innovation to better serve our customers.”
Morrison noted the technology-enabled facility represents a significant investment and demonstrates WABCO’s increased commitment to mobilizing vehicle intelligence in the Americas region by advancing innovations that support the development of autonomous, connected and electric (ACE) commercial vehicles.
The Americas headquarters provides an immersive experience for employees, customers and visitors alike. For example, the facility features augmented reality, enabling users to experience situations and learn practically by offering 3D views of WABCO technologies. The dynamic tool helps deliver simplified and accurate training and interaction, allowing users to examine internal components and understand systems in more detail.
In his comments at the ceremony, Morrison thanked the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), the City of Auburn Hills and others for helping sustain and grow well-paying jobs in Michigan. The State of Michigan and the City of Auburn Hills presented WABCO with plaques for its new facility.
WABCO has significantly expanded since forming the Americas Regional organization. Over the past 2 years alone, WABCO has tripled its workforce as it acquired four high-tech manufacturing businesses: MICO Inc., Laydon Composites Ltd., R.H. Sheppard Co. Inc., and the buyout of Meritor WABCO Vehicle Control Systems, the former 50-50 joint venture with Meritor, Inc. In addition to acquisitions, WABCO’s recent growth in North America includes the March 2017 opening of a new manufacturing facility in Charleston, SC.
WABCO’s workforce in the Americas is comprised of more than 2,000 team members at 11 locations, including nine in North America: Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills, MI; Charleston, SC; Hebron, KY; North Mankato, MN; Nogales, AZ; Hanover, PA; Wytheville, VA; and Oakville, Ontario, Canada. The company also operates manufacturing sites in Empalme, Sonora, Mexico, and Campinas S.P., Brazil. These sites develop, manufacture, localize and support a broad portfolio of WABCO products and systems, including its industry-leading wheel-end solutions and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), including collision mitigation, electronic stability and active steering control systems. WABCO Americas also offers vehicle manufacturers and fleet operators the industry’s leading transmission automation control systems and a full range of aerodynamic and air management solutions.
Posted By: OEM Off-Highway on October 24, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates completed over 1,106 transactions in 2017.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2017, Cool Places to Work 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.