$160M Studio Park opens downtown
Downtown Grand Rapids’ latest attraction now is open to the public.
Studio Park celebrated its grand opening today at 123 Ionia Ave. SW. The 62,500-square-foot development offers several dining and retail options, a 200-seat concert venue called the Listening Room, a nine-screen movie theater, luxury lofts and an outdoor piazza.
The $160 million project is owned by Olsen Loeks Development LLC. The 106 luxury apartments and condos offer a mix of floor plans, ranging from studio to two-bedroom. First Companies served as general contractor for the project while Pioneer Construction completed the theater. Integrated Architecture designed the project and Mercantile Bank provided financing.
Studio C planned the development of Studio Park over the course of a decade. The construction took nearly 17 months to complete, breaking ground in April 2018.
“The idea of Studio Park started as a much smaller project and snowballed into what it is today. Our ultimate goal was to create an experience for people in the heart of downtown,” said J.D. Loeks, president of Studio C. “We are excited to provide a place for the community to enjoy.”
Retail tenants include Funky Buddha Yoga, Pump House Frozen Yogurt Bar, Leo’s Coney Island, Malamiah Juice Bar and Eatery and Studio Park’s flagship restaurant, One Twenty Three Tavern.
The nine-screen Studio C movie theater had a soft opening on Friday, Sept. 27, and will begin serving an expanded food and beverage menu — delivered straight to moviegoers — on Thursday, Oct. 3. Other special features of the downtown theater include reclining seats with heated backs and free parking validation.
Studio Park has over 900 parking spaces that are open to the public in downtown Grand Rapids.
The grand opening of Studio Park marks completion of Phase 1 of the development. Phase 2, scheduled for completion in 2020, includes a Canopy by Hilton Hotel and a Class A office building, which will be the new home of insurance brokerage Acrisure.
Posted By: Grand Rapids Business Journal on October 2, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.