$500M Mega Projects Developed by Silverman Cos. Coming to North Oakland County
Posted By: DBUSINESS on May 22, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
Silverman Cos., a multi-faceted real estate development company in Bloomfield Hills, has gained final approvals to bring forward, with multiple partners, Waldon Village in Independence Township and Baldwin Village in Orion Township.
Together, both mixed-use projects, which are set, respectively, in some of the last desirable locations in north Oakland County, will offer new residential, retail, and restaurant offerings. Each project is valued at $250 million.
“We’ve assembled the best developers, builders, commercial users, and operators in the country and are quickly moving forward with two great neighborhoods that represent a half billion dollars in investment into our area,” says Jim Eppink, director of planning for Silverman Cos.
“In both Independence Township and Orion Township, these locations are right in the heart of activity and growth. We spent years getting the necessary zoning changes, we waited as the respective townships made their road improvements, and these are the last large acreage parcels (each about 70 acres) left.
“I would add both townships, along with Oakland County and various agencies, were terrific to work with. They wanted nothing but the best for their communities, and we worked very hard to meet all of their requirements, as did our partners.”
Eppink, who also is president of J Eppink Partners in Clarkston, a standalone urban design studio owned by Silverman Cos., adds the developer took its time in selecting the right partners for the two projects.
Details of the two properties include:
Waldon Village: Pulte Homes (Troy), Meijer (Grand Rapids), and The Verus Group (Birmingham) join to develop a 68-acre, mixed-use development located on Waldon Road in Independence Township, just west of Sashabaw and I-75. Waldon Village has four interconnected neighborhoods and a large central park including:
- Brookfield at Waldon Village: 48 single family homes (Pulte Homes of Michigan) – currently under construction. Walkable to the Village of Clarkston and Clarkston High School
- The Towns at Waldon Village: 132 Townhomes (Pulte Homes of Michigan). Currently under construction. Internal parks, open space, and unique architecture.
- The Park Villas at Waldon Village: 79 detached single family condominium homes (Pulte Homes of Michigan). Construction to start this summer.
- Waldon Village shops:
- The Waldon Village Market (a 45,000-square-foot Meijer Village Market) Construction to start this summer. A new neighborhood market concept from Meijer that focuses on fresh groceries, locally sourced produce, and an active outdoor market and café area.
- Additional Waldon Village restaurants and retail are currently being finalized. (The Verus Group)
- Waldon Village Park: A six-acre park that maintains the natural topography and mature trees within the area and will include trails and open space.
- The mixed-use neighborhoods focus on walkability, architecture, commercial uses, outdoor spaces, and connections to the existing neighborhoods within Independence Township and a short bike ride to the restaurants and shops on Main Street in the Village of Clarkston.
Baldwin Village: Moceri Cos. (Auburn Hills), SR Jacobson Development (Bingham Farms), Edward Rose & Sons (Bloomfield Hills), and Alrig USA (Bingham Farms) team to develop a 63-acre mixed-use village located on the west side of Baldwin Road, north of Mogan Road and less than a half mile north of the Baldwin/I-75 interchange.
Baldwin Village is now fully approved by Orion Township and currently is completing final engineering and permitting prior to the start of construction this fall. Like Waldon Village, Baldwin Village is comprised of four interconnected neighborhoods and the preservation of a large natural woodlot and ecological area in the center of the neighborhoods.
A combined team of Moceri Cos., SR Jacobson Development, and Edward Rose & Sons lead the three residential villages. Alrig USA is the commercial developer who will bring restaurant, retail, and grocery uses to the Village. The neighbors include:
- Uptown Village: 304 for-lease residences with a central clubhouse and pool
- North Village: 79 townhomes, open space, and a central neighborhood green
- South Village: 82 townhomes. Interconnected trails, walks, and dense landscape
- The Plaza at Baldwin Village: 78,000 square feet of retail and restaurants including Chick-fil-A, two multi-tenant restaurant / retail buildings, and a neighborhood market grocery. The commercial area will have outdoor patios, plazas, architectural highlights, and a robust landscape. The entire neighborhood is walkable, and includes pocket parks, trails, and natural areas.
« Back to Insights