760-mph Hyperloop transit system considers Detroit-Chicago route
A California-based company is in talks with Michigan transportation officials to consider whether Detroit could be a potential stop for a futuristic transportation system.
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) is looking to create a high-speed tube-based transportation system from Cleveland to Chicago that would theoretically reach speeds up to 760 miles per hour.
“Hyperloop Transportation Technologies has reached out to us regarding the feasibility of a Detroit to Chicago line,” said a Michigan Department of Transportation spokesperson in an email.
“No meeting has been scheduled, but we are willing to listen to their ideas.”
Hyperloop, “faster and easier to board than a commercial airplane,” seeks to solve traffic congestion and mobility problems, by bringing airplane speeds to ground level, with passengers and cargo capsules hovering through a network of low-pressure tubes, according to HTT.
The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) and HTT signed a public-private partnership agreement to begin a $1.2-million feasibility study in the region that will take six to nine months.
The futuristic transportation system would transform commutes from hours to minutes, the company claims. Each capsule is 30 meters long and can hold between 28 and 40 passengers, and accommodate departures every 40 seconds.
“The Great Lakes megaregion represents a $15 billion transportation market with tens of millions of tons of cargo and millions of passengers connecting to the cities within the region every year,” said Grace Gallucci, executive director of NOACA, in a news release.
“Technologies like the Hyperloop can take our over-stressed infrastructure into the 21st century and beyond.”
Posted By: mlive on February 26, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.