Adell gets another approval for $125 million Novi project; groundbreaking Wednesday
Broadcast entrepreneur Kevin Adell planned to break ground Wednesday morning after he received another Novi City Council approval in his quest to redevelop his former Novi Expo Center site.
City Council voted 6-0 Monday to direct the city attorney to draft a planned rezoning overlay agreement for rezoning the 22-acre property at I-96 and Novi Road. The agreement still needs a final approval from the City Council, which is anticipated later this fall, said Sheryl Walsh-Molloy, the city’s director of communications.
“It’s 99.9 percent approved,” Adell said Tuesday in an interview.
Adell also said Tuesday that he hopes to get a HopCat bar or a rock-climbing business on the site, which has been in his family for more than a half-century.
David Staudt, Novi’s mayor pro tempore, said he believes the project will be positive for the city.
“This is a piece of property that has been owned by the Adell family for many years and has largely been a blighted piece of property that Kevin is trying to redevelop into a property hat the city can benefit from,” he said. “He doesn’t need the money. This is something that he wants to get done, and he’s the only person who can get it done.”
Adell owns WFDF 910 AM and The Word Network cable television station.
Before its demolition in 2012, the expo center had been vacant since 2005, when the center’s event management company was moved into what is now the Suburban Collection Showplace at 46100 Grand River Ave. in Novi.
Before the expo center opened in 1992, the property was headquarters of Adell Industries, a maker of automotive door guards, and was later a Kahlua manufacturing center for Mohawk Liqueur Corp.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on September 26, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.