Ann Arbor SPARK Helps Secure $170,000 in Site Readiness Grants for Washtenaw and Livingston Counties
As announced by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), both Washtenaw and Livingston counties will receive grants through the new competitive Michigan Build Ready Sites program. The targeted grant program aims to boost Michigan’s inventory of available properties ready to compete for business attraction projects. Both grants were shepherded by Ann Arbor SPARK.
“These awards bring critical funding to Washtenaw and Livingston counties to maximize the potential for key building sites that, once developed, will attract investment to the region,” said Paul Krutko, president and CEO of Ann Arbor SPARK. “The proposed tech park along the south State Street corridor fills a significant need and will help realize the long unmet potential of this area in the City of Ann Arbor: Companies that want to expand currently struggle to find space in our extremely tight market for office space. Located in the growing Fowlerville market, the Handy Township site extends to cover nearly 190 acres of undeveloped land. Securing a developer tor the site would help the Township recover from its investment while creating new jobs and economic opportunities for local residents and workers.”
WASHTENAW COUNTY: ANN ARBOR RESEARCH PARK
In Washtenaw County, a $100,000 grant was awarded for site engineering and the demolition of two buildings in Ann Arbor Research Park. The state recently designated the site as a Federal Opportunity Zone and redevelopment concepts of the 20-acre site project include the creation of multiple buildings ranging 100,000 – 383,000 square feet of research and development and high-tech office space.
LIVINGSTON COUNTY: FORMER MITCH HARRIS SITE IN HANDY TOWNSHIP
Handy Township received a $70,200 grant to complete a site evaluation of the former Mitch Harris site to determine the site’s ability to accommodate an industrial project. Ann Arbor SPARK, in partnership with the Economic Development Council of Livingston County, helped with the application process on behalf of Handy Township.
The Michigan Build Ready Sites program was announced in April and local and regional economic development or community partners had until June 1 to submit applications that demonstrated a plan and pathway to a vetted site.
Posted By: Ann Arbor Spark on August 28, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.