Auburn Hills’ Faurecia to Open Production Facility in Toledo
Faurecia Interiors, which has its North American headquarters in Auburn Hills, Thursday announced plans to open a new production facility in Toledo. The facility is expected create more than 100 new jobs and officially begin production activity in April 2019.
“Faurecia is proud to open this new site and to provide new opportunities for local jobseekers,” says Donald Hampton Jr., president of Faurecia Interiors in North America. “We look forward to building on Toledo’s reputation for automotive expertise and excellence as we provide our customers with high-quality products.”
Faurecia estimates it will make an investment of $11 million to begin operations in the 73,000-square-foot plant.
“The positive momentum our city has right now is unmistakable, and big employers like Faurecia are taking notice,” says Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz. “Toledo is gaining a national reputation as a city that is on the rise.”
The project is still waiting on final approvals at the state and local levels. The company plans to manufacture and assemble full instrument panels using the latest technologies.
Faurecia employs more than 750 people in Ohio at its Clean Mobility facilitates in Franklin, Toledo, and Troy.
“Faurecia is a leading global supplier, and we welcome this new facility and the 100 jobs it will bring to Toledo,” says Kristi Tanner, JobsOhio senior managing director for automotive. “This investment demonstrates the confidence Faurecia has in northwest Ohio’s automotive manufacturing talent, and we look forward to seeing Faurecia’s continued success in the state.”
Faurecia was founded in 1997 and has global headquarters in France. It has 290 sites and 109,000 employees in 35 counties and specializes in automotive seating, interior systems, and clean mobility.
Posted By: dbusiness on July 13, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.