Autoliv to modernize Auburn Hills headquarters with $32 million investment
Swedish automotive safety systems supplier Autoliv is proposing a $32 million expansion of its North American headquarters in Auburn Hills.
The supplier of airbags, seatbelts and steering wheels submitted plans to the city to modernize its head office and technical center at 1320 Pacific Drive near I-75 and Joslyn Road, including the addition of a floor to make it a three-story building visible from the highway, Tom Hajkus, communications manager for Autoliv, said in an email.
Hajkus would not confirm total costs, which was identified by the city of Auburn Hills.
“(Our headquarters) has been around since the mid-1990s and is in need of a refresh in order to better reflect what it means to look and feel like a technology center; and to better attract and retain talent and give our customers added testing and engineering expertise,” Hajkus wrote in an email. “We’re essentially going to gut and reconfigure the building inside and outside over the next 18-24 months.”
Autoliv has already moved most of its Auburn Hills employees to two floors at the Plante Moran Building at 2601 Cambridge Court during construction. Its crash test team and seat belt engineers will remain in the Pacific Drive building during construction.
It has already expanded its parking lot ahead of building remodeling.
The first phase of the project is expected to begin later this year with a target completion date in the fall of 2020.
Earlier this month, Autoliv spun off its Autoliv ASP Inc. electronics division into a new Stockholm-based company called Veoneer Inc.
The spinoff followed the plans to invest $22.6 million to consolidate four Southeast Michigan operations into a new building in Southfield. The new building will be the home to Veoneer’s North American headquarters.
The plan calls for Veoneer to vacate four leased properties — two in Farmington Hills and two in Southfield. The new facility will be adjacent to its current North American electronics hub on American Drive in Southfield. The building will eventually house more than 1,500.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on July 24, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.