Beaumont’s Woodward Corners tenant mix starts to take shape
The 122,500-square-foot commercial community is mostly uninhabited, aside from equipment, construction workers and Wahlburgers, which on Wednesday became the Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road retail center’s first tenant to open.
The Hingham, Mass.-based chain owned by members of entertainment’s Wahlberg family debuted the 5,100-square-foot, 237-seat restaurant with a bar; signs noting the city it’s in; and posters of smiling Wahlbergs Mark, Donnie and Paul.
Among the largest tenants are a 41,000-square-foot Woodward Corner Market from Walker-based Meijer Inc. —its second small-format store after the first’s debut in Grand Rapids last year — and a five-story hotel that hasn’t started construction and for which a name has not been announced.
Construction has seen some delays — several businesses were expected to open this summer, including in July. But now estimated opening timelines outlined to Crain’s are set between this month and at least January.
What we know so far about other tenants and openings:
- Panera Bread: The sandwich, soup and salad chain is hiring, according to a sign, and is leasing 5,300 square feet. This location will replace one in downtown Birmingham that is expected to close in late August.
- Brown Iron Brewhouse: A Washington Township beer hall is expanding to a second location. The 6,900-square-foot brewpub and restaurant is anticipating opening around January, a representative said in a message.
- F45 Training: This Australian fitness chain, also with Mark Wahlberg as an investor, expects to open by the end of the year in 2,500 square feet.
- AKT Fitness: A dance-based cardio fitness studio, 2,300 square feet.
- Grabbagreen: A national fast-food and juice chain, 1,700 square feet.
- Aspen Dental: A national chain with independently owned and operated practices, 3,600 square feet.
- V’s Barbershop: A Phoenix-based hair care company, 1,000 square feet.
There are 24 retail spaces in Woodward Corners shown on a map dated July 24 on the website of Livonia-based Schostak Bros. & Co., which is one of the developer agents on the project. Of those, just three were available as of the map’s publication and letters of intent were being negotiated for four others. The remaining locations are believed to be leased, but not all tenants have been announced.
Beaumont expected the first phase of construction, which doesn’t include the hotel, to cost $32.8 million as of February.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on August 7, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.