BorgWarner in Auburn Hills Supplies Ford with Fuel Efficient Eco-Launch System
BorgWarner Inc. in Auburn Hills, a Tier 1 auto supplier focused on clean and efficient technology solutions for combustion, hybrid, and electric vehicles, today announced it assisted Ford Motor Co. in Dearborn in delivering better vehicle efficiency with the Eco-Launch stop/start solenoid valve and hydraulic accumulator.
Engineered to deliver fast, smooth launches during engine restarts, Eco-Launch is now available on the Ford 8-speed, front-wheel drive (FWD), mid-torque transmission used for a variety of vehicles in North America.
“BorgWarner’s Eco-Launch technology provides drivers with the fuel economy benefits of stop/start and the seamless launches they expect,” says Martin Fischer, president and general manager of BorgWarner Transmission Systems.
“Our solution is a cost-effective, fast-to-market approach that allows automakers to enable existing or new automatic transmissions to be compatible with stop/start strategies.”
Shutting off the engine when the vehicle stops increases fuel economy between three and 10 percent, depending on driving patterns. However, accelerating from the stop mode can cause automatic transmissions to lurch or roll back.
For quick launches without lurching, BorgWarner’s low-noise, high-flow, low-leak solenoid valve enables the hydraulic accumulator to prime the transmission faster than the driver can switch from the brake to the accelerator.
BorgWarner, which operates manufacturing and technical facilities in 66 locations in 17 countries, has approximately 29,000 employees. For more information, visit borgwarner.com.
Posted By: dbusiness on March 13, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.