Campbell sells Ferndale-based Garden Fresh Gourmet salsa brand
Campbell Soup Co. is cutting loose Garden Fresh Gourmet, the Ferndale-based dip and chips maker.
The salsa maker is a part of the Campbell Fresh division, from which the Camden, New Jersey-based canned soup company is divesting along with its Campbell International businesses to narrow its focus and decrease debt, the company said.
Campbell is selling Garden Fresh for an undisclosed amount to an affiliate of Fountain of Health USA, a maker of dips, prepared salads and frozen desserts. Terms of the deal were not shared. The sale is expected to close in Campbell’s fiscal 2019 third quarter, which ends April 28.
Fountain of Health’s telephone number lists a Quebec address for the company. It shares a phone number with Fontaine Sante Foods. The Detroit News did not immediately receive responses from the companies.
Campbell spokesman Thomas Hushen declined to provide further information on the sale and the number of Garden Fresh employees affected.
Garden Fresh was founded in 1998 in Ferndale in the back of Jack and Annette Aronson’s former Clubhouse Bar-B-Q. Campbell bought the company for $231 million in 2015. It also has operations in Grand Rapids.
Campbell recently announced the sale of its refrigerated soup plant in Everett, Washington, that also is a part of the Campbell Fresh division. Sales of the California-based refrigerated beverages business Bolthouse Farms and Campbell International are expected to happen by the end of fiscal 2019 in July.
Posted By: The Detroit News on February 26, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.