Commerce Township expecting 2020 groundbreaking for new $100M retail center
Sometime this year, Commerce Township is anticipating a groundbreaking to a downtown that has been talked about since 2002 on the northeast corner of Pontiac Trail and Martin Parkway.
The developers, Robert B. Aikens and Associates, plan to create an entertainment center for families to enjoy which will include restaurants, retail shops, a high-end grocery store and possibly a movie theater.
“We hope that Five & Main will become downtown Commerce,” said Dave Campbell, Planning Director for Commerce Township.
Development in anticipation for this downtown has been happening for years, including two nearby subdivision. The senior living center First & Main opened back in 2017, just north of the planned development. On the northwest corner of Pontiac Trail and Martin Parkway, apartments are being built. The Barrington Apartments are slated to have 300 units with move in dates anticipated in the fall.
“We just want to understand how those phases are going to ultimately fit together for the final project with respect to traffic and circulation, with respect to public infrastructure, with respect to how Five and Main is going to connect to the adjacent properties, the Walmart property in particular,” said Campbell.
Campbell anticipates those meetings taking place sometime in the upcoming months. They hope in those meetings to hear when construction will be complete, and are anticipating a three year build out.
Still no word yet on what tenants will be at Five and Main. Campbell says that is something the developer is still working on securing although the township does have a few ideas, but nothing is being made public yet.
Posted By: WXYZ Detroit on January 8, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.