Company investing $6.9M, creating jobs in Northville Township
A global company that produces rubber and metal parts for the automotive and other industries is moving to Northville Township, investing $6.9 million and creating about 80 jobs, officials say.
Zhongding USA hopes by late April to begin construction of its two-story, 30,000-square foot North American Technical Center northwest of Five Mile and Beck roads, said Michael Lam, Zhongding’s engineer director. The company expects to move in during the first quarter of 2019, he said.
The company plans to house several divisions there, including sales, marketing, engineering, testing and research and development as it shifts from its current location in Monroe.
Zhongding’s decision ushers in another component of the Michigan International Technology Center, an emerging high-tech, research and development corridor along Five Mile Road in Northville and Plymouth townships.
“We hope to be a trailblazer in that area,” Lam said. Northville Township Supervisor Bob Nix said Zhongding’s decision brings research and development and other high-tech skills to a section of the MITC that is ready for business. “This is the first piece of the puzzle,” he said. Nix said the MITC is regional in scope and is eventually expected to create more than 6,000 jobs. “This will bring value to both townships. People will want to live here and buy houses here,” he said, adding that new development also brings in new tax revenues.
Lam said the Northville Township site eventually will become Zhongding’s North America headquarters as it shifts operations from Monroe to Northville Township.
Zhongding has two other Michigan facilities: Michigan Rubber Products, Inc., in Cadillac and ZD Metal Products, Inc., in Petoskey. The company also has locations in Delaware and Massachusetts.
Zhongding Group was founded in Ningguo, China, in 1980 and has grown into a multinational organization with 30 subsidiaries in China alone and 10 more worldwide, according to the company’s website. All of the company’s brands focus primarily on industrial and automotive parts production.
Meanwhile, Nix said new tax revenues from the entire MITC corridor could be significant for the two townships. Despite a rebound in residential, commercial and industrial property values in recent years, tax revenues have risen slowly because they are tied to the rate of inflation or 5 percent, whichever is less. And the rate of inflation has remained fairly flat.
Nix said MITC development is one way Northville and Plymouth townships can grow their reputations as high-tech, research and development communities while also boosting tax revenues for municipal services.
Posted By: Detroit Free Press on March 13, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.