Dearborn’s Ghafari to Design Mazda Toyota Manufacturing U.S.A. Plant in Alabama
Ghafari in Dearborn will design an automotive plant for Mazda Toyota Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc. in Alabama. The plant will produce a new Mazda crossover and the Toyota Corolla.
Ghafari, a global full-service engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction firm based in Dearborn, today announced it has been awarded a contract to provide comprehensive architecture and engineering services for a new automotive plant for Mazda Toyota Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc. in Huntsville, Alabama. The joint venture presents a $1.6 billion investment by the two automakers.
The complex is slated to be nearly 6 million square feet, the largest of its kind in terms of size and operational capacity. The campus will include a press shop, welding shop, paint shop, general assembly facility, test track, ancillary support building, and an administration building.
“We are excited to have this opportunity,” says Michael Swiatkowski, director of project management at Ghafari. “A project of this magnitude speaks to our level of expertise and our commitment to client satisfaction. Our firm has held the top spot in the nation for automotive plant design for over a decade. We look forward to expanding our geographic footprint and enhancing our relationship with Mazda-Toyota over the course of this project.”
The new plant will have the capacity to build 300,000 vehicles per year, with production split evenly between the two companies. The plant will produce a new Mazda crossover model and the Toyota Corolla. Construction is slated to begin in the fourth quarter of this year. Vehicle production is expected to start in 2021.
Posted By: dbusiness on June 27, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.