Department store expands to Grand Rapids area
A Wisconsin-based retailer will be opening a store in Kent County.
A groundbreaking ceremony for a new Blain’s Farm & Fleet location in the city of Walker will be held at 2 p.m. March 5 at 145 Wilson Ave. NW.
The 106,000-square-foot store will be located in the Standale shopping district next to Meijer at the corner of Wilson Avenue and Lake Michigan Avenue. It will be the retailer’s fifth Michigan location.
“We’ve received so much positive feedback about our new Standale location,” said Kristin Stewart, Blain’s Farm and Fleet chief marketing officer. “With a wonderful community like this, we knew we would be welcomed.”
The general contractor for the project is a.j. Veneklasen. The store will include an automotive center and a full drive-thru area.
Blain’s Farm & Fleet has more than 4,400 current associates. The store plans to hire 100 local individuals to fill positions such as store associates, warehouse and stocking crews, automotive service professional and management teams.
“We are excited for the opportunity to add more associates into our family and to continue serving the hard-working people of Michigan — or, as we prefer to think of them, our neighbors,” Stewart said.
Posted By: Grand Rapids Business Journal on February 27, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.