Detroit Athletic Club may expand footprint north of downtown building
What precisely that will include will be hashed out in the next eight to 10 months as Detroit-based architecture and planning firm Rossetti Associates Inc. comes up with a new master plan. That process is expected to begin next month.
In an article in its December issue provided by a DAC spokesman, the DAC News magazine says that during an Oct. 28 town hall meeting, club members, board members and executive leadership discussed “the next phase of the club’s master plan” that is “centered on an expansion of the Athletic Department into an Athletic Performance/Wellness Training Center to better service current and expanded athletic, health, wellness and recovery programming.”
The DAC News story says that in 2012, a new master planning process began with the first phase focusing on member experience, resulting in things like its new rooftop with a restaurant, a new entry to the atrium, the Madison Shop and Cafe, and Centennial Park. The Pavilion was also added in that first phase of the master planning.
The second phase, which began in 2017, is focusing on athletics and wellness.
The club is undergoing a leadership change in the coming months as longtime Executive Manager Ted Gillary is retiring after 25 years in that position and 29 years with the club overall. He will be replaced effective Feb. 1 by Assistant General Manager Charles Johnson.
Crain’s reported last week in a story about the leadership change that when Gillary became executive manager in 1994, the club had 3,466 members but it has since risen to 5,247 with a waiting list of 369.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on December 2, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.