Detroit seeks development proposals for Cass Park property
The city is seeking proposals from developers to revitalize a vacant, city-owned commercial property in the Cass Park neighborhood.
The .86-acre site at Third and Charlotte sits along a major gateway between the city’s central business district and greater Midtown. It’s a short distance to venues including the Masonic Temple, Little Caesars Arena, Comerica Park and Fox Theatre.
“The property is a top commercial development priority for the City of Detroit given its visibility, proximity to institutions and employment hubs, and its adjacency to other city-controlled parcels and infrastructure investments,” city officials wrote in a release Monday.
The property is generally bounded by Peterboro Street to the north, Charlotte Street to the south, Third Street to the west, and Second Avenue to the east. It sits two blocks from Woodard and near expressways including M-10, Interstate 75 and Interstate 94.
Development proposals should include commercial uses such as a restaurant, retail or an event venue. The city said it will also consider mixed-use proposals with residential units.
A needs assessment released by the University of Michigan Taubman School of Architecture and Urban Planning in 2017 showed residents reporting a shortage of grocery stores, pharmacies and clothing stores in the lower Cass Park and Brush Park neighborhoods.
In recent years, redevelopments in the area have included the Detroit Shipping Co., an indoor/outdoor event space and food hall on Petersboro, and Founders Brewing Co. taproom and brewery on Charlotte.
Submissions are due by 5 p.m. Jan. 31 by email to email@example.com or in person at the City of Detroit’s Housing and Revitalization Department.
Posted By: The Detroit News on October 14, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.