Developers buy Wixom property, aim for $300 million hotel/water park development
A massive $300 million-plus hotel water park and mixed-use development could be coming to Wixom if a local developer’s grand vision comes to fruition.
Wixom-based Damas Group LLC has purchased 82 acres of empty land surrounding its home base at 28345 Beck Road, just north of I-96. The property was sold by Wixom 96 LLC for $3.9 million earlier this month, according to the Oakland County Equalization Division. The resident agent listed for Wixom 96 in state corporate filings is Frank Roth.
Purchasing the land is the first action on an idea hatched in 2014 for a resort-like development with a 100,000-square-foot water park, a luxury hotel totaling 500-800 rooms, office buildings, shops and restaurants, said Dino Damavoletes, owner of Damas Group.
Plans are in the preliminary stages. Damavoletes said the deal to purchase the land was struck a couple of months ago, and they are working to clear away overgrowth on the property.
Southfield-based real estate agency Signature Associates brokered the deal.
“We plan on working with the city of Wixom and Oakland County to see what the best fit is for the property,” he said. “We would love to break ground sometime next year.”
Charley Damavoletes, Dino’s brother and business partner, said they are putting together a plan to finance the project and are hoping to secure a combination of venture capitalists, investors and financial institutions.
He said the project would provide more than 1,000 jobs.
“I think that’s a benefit on top of being a destination for families,” he said. “I don’t think there is anything like this around this area. Right now, it would be a unique project.”
Dino Damavoletes said Damas Group owns 22 buildings totaling around 1 million square feet in metro Detroit. It developed the Beck Business Center complex on Beck Road, which is a light-industrial design with 11 buildings totaling 650,000 square feet.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on July 24, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.