Developers plan $150 million development, 850 jobs at old Ford Wixom plant site
The project at the 182-acre site would reactivate the property with 1.66 million square feet of commercial/industrial space, according to the Michigan Economic Development Corp.
Construction on the first of seven warehouses at 29311 S. Wixom Road is expected to start in April; the project is estimated to be completed by December 2021.
“We believe that greater Detroit is the hottest industrial market in the country right now,” Salata said. “It’s very difficult to find a piece of property with the size and amenities (of the Ford Wixom site).”
The old Ford plant property is a prime location in Oakland County, situated north of I-96 along Wixom Road. Detroit Wixom LLC bought the property last year from Boston-based investor Trident Barrow, which had been locked in a federal legal battle with Ford over the property. The two parties eventually reached a settlement, according to court records, but terms were not disclosed.
Detroit Wixom LLC also owns former General Motors Co. property in Pontiac at 2000 Centerpoint Parkway totaling 888,000 square feet, of which 359,000 is vacant, according to its website. In a joint venture with California-based Industrial Realty Group, Industrial Commercial Properties also owns 84 acres of land that used to be part of the American Axle & Manufacturing headquarters at I-75 and Holbrook, Crain’s reported.
The company has not previously received incentives or grants from the state, according to the MEDC.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on March 26, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.