Domino’s Pizza, Arbor Research both constructing new office space at Domino’s Farms
Two new construction projects at the Domino’s Farms office park in Ann Arbor Township may help ease the Ann Arbor area’s office space crunch.
Domino’s Pizza is launching a major expansion, building a 33,000-square-foot new building on the north side of Domino’s Farms, near the complex’s iconic bison pasture. Arbor Research is also building a brand-new corporate headquarters on the east side of Domino’s Farms.
Domino’s Pizza is already considered Domino’s Farms’ signature tenant, as the complex’s largest single tenant and the reason Domino’s Farms was originally built and opened in 1985.
John Petz, director of real estate and public affairs for Domino’s Farms Corp., says Domino’s Pizza wanted to expand, but the company was unable to cobble together enough square footage of existing Domino’s Farms office space for its needs. Only about 5,000 square feet out of nearly 1 million square feet in the entire complex are unoccupied. The pizza company decided to build on a space close to the north end of its main building, and broke ground in early September.
Petz says the new building, designed by Troy-based IDS, will allow the company room to create mockups for new store designs and focus on other projects the company has been putting off due to space restrictions.
Petz says construction is on an “aggressive schedule” and is expected to conclude by the end of April 2019, with staff moving in shortly after that.
Petz says health research firm Arbor Research began discussing and planning its move to Domino’s Farms a couple years ago.
Arbor Research is currently operating out of the building at 340 E. Huron in downtown Ann Arbor that formerly housed the Ann Arbor News and now is home to the University of Michigan Credit Union.
“They approached us about having their own standalone headquarters, and we looked around our portfolio and suggested the space on the east side of Earhart near the petting farm,” Petz says.
The new construction, a 49,500-square-foot building, is just the first phase of a planned expansion. Two local firms were hired to design and build the new headquarters, with Hobbs & Black serving as architect and J.S. Vig doing the construction. Arbor Research broke ground in May and expects to complete construction in May of 2019, moving into its new headquarters in summer 2019, Petz says.
The company currently has about 110 employees and plans to expand to 140 initially. Petz says that the company will have the opportunity to build another 90,000 square feet on the site in the future.
“We find it gratifying to be able to help Ann Arbor-based companies to grow in our region,” Petz says.
Posted By: Concentrate – Ann Arbor/Ypsi on September 26, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.