Emagine to break ground on $15 million cineplex in Hartland
Emagine Entertainment Inc. is continuing expansion with a scheduled groundbreaking of its newest theater — a 55,000-square-foot complex in Hartland Township.
The $15 million project is slated for groundbreaking April 6 at the Hartland Towne Square Plaza, near U.S. 23 and M-59 in Livingston County.
Paul Glantz, founder and chairman of Troy-based Emagine, said the new theater will be constructed with the company’s most modern design featuring all the amenities and characteristics of its existing theaters. Locating in a small town — Hartland has a population of around 15,000 — plays into the company’s favor in terms of potential return on investment.
“Some of our best performing theatres relative to the capital invested are in smaller markets like Birch Run and Saline,” Glantz told Crain’s via email. “We find that guests in those areas are prepared to drive a longer distance to enjoy an exemplary movie-going experience.”
Expected opening is early December or possibly even by Thanksgiving, Glantz said.
Emagine Hartland will have 10 screens and a total of 1,140 seats with Christie 4K DLP Digital Cinema projectors and an EMAX floor-to-ceiling screen. There will be a full-service bar and concession menu.
Emagine’s request for incentives for the project was denied by the county last June. The theater chain struck a deal with the developer, Farmington Hills-based Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust, to bridge the funding gap, Glantz said. Emagine is set to acquire the land from Ramco-Gershenson on April 2.
Tower Construction, based in West Bloomfield Township, is the general contractor, and design is being handled by June Lester of Berkley-based JLD Design and Kevin Coppedge of Studio 3 Design, based in Indianapolis.
Last month, Emagine and local rapper Big Sean made a big splash when they announced plans for a new theater/music venue in Detroit. Emagine is angling for large-scale expansion in the coming years, within its footprint and beyond.
Emagine has locations in Saline, Birmingham, Canton Township, Macomb Township, Novi, Rochester Hills, Royal Oak and Birch Run. It also has theaters in Illinois and Minnesota. It recorded $80 million in revenue last year.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on March 26, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.