Engineering firm moves into West Michigan market
An engineering firm from the state’s east side is setting up operations in West Michigan.
Rochester Hills-based Spalding DeDecker opened an office in the Calder Plaza Building in downtown Grand Rapids, at 250 Monroe Ave. NW, according to the firm last month. It is the company’s first West Michigan location.
With the addition of Grand Rapids Office Manager Dan VanderHeide, P.E., and Traffic Engineer Ariana Jeske, the new location will help expand Spalding DeDecker’s services in West Michigan.
The new 249-square-foot office supports the growth strategy of the firm and also offers the chance to attract additional talent in the area. Spaulding DeDecker is also negotiating a lease with building owner CWD Real Estate Investment for 2,500 square feet, and renovations are expected to be complete in December.
There are currently three employees at the Grand Rapids office. VanderHeide will continue to add engineers, surveyors and construction technicians to support projects in greater Grand Rapids.
“As the second-largest city in Michigan, with its diverse array of businesses and industries, Grand Rapids has been on our radar for some time,” said Steve Benedettini, president, Spalding DeDecker.
“The missing piece was finding a great team that could provide outstanding customer service, while fostering the employee culture that has made Spalding DeDecker great for 65 years. We are blessed to have that team in place and are ecstatic to be opening an office in Grand Rapids.”
Spalding DeDecker, founded in 1954, is an employee‐owned engineering and surveying firm specializing in infrastructure and land development.
The firm also has offices in Detroit, Livonia and Novi.
Posted By: Grand Rapids Business Journal on November 7, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.