Family farm to auction off land
A local family farm is auctioning off almost 300 acres.
After four generations of family farming, Slocum Farms LLC decided to downsize and sell 282 acres of prime farming real estate.
“We’ve decided to size down and centralize our operation by selling some property that possesses fabulous opportunity,” said Denise Pagura, owner of Slocum Farms. “We are selling a diverse selection of land and are excited to give the next generation of farmers a chance to own these choice parcels that have been in our family for generations.”
The land being auctioned is located in Newaygo and Oceana counties and will be sold in eight separate parcels. The land can be sold individually, in any combination of parcels, or in its entirety.
Slocum Farms’ stock includes Christmas trees, fruit farming, vegetable farming and many other cash crops. With the new Michigan regulations of hemp growing, Slocum Farms believes some of this land could be a great opportunity for the hemp-growing industry. This real estate is prime for just about any type of farming.
Miedema Auctioneering will conduct a live real estate auction March 10. The auction will be held at 6 p.m. at The Optimist Club, 788 Industrial Park Drive, Shelby.
Posted By: Grand Rapids Business Journal on February 13, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.