Florida developer seeks $107.5 million payday for City Center property in Troy
Unicorp National Developments Inc. is marketing the recently renovated 1979 office property plus its new parking deck and retail space at West Big Beaver and Crooks roads through Southfield-based The Jonna Group, a division of Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services Inc.
The offering is for a 62,120-square-foot City Center Shoppes retail center built in 2018 for $51.8 million and a 297,530-square-foot, 13-story office tower for $55.8 million. Rights to use a new 1,468-space parking deck for the office building are also included.
The Jonna Group says the retail space is 100 percent leased while the office space is 95 percent leased. According to CoStar Group Inc., a Washington, D.C.-based real estate information service, the office space leases for $21 per square foot while the retail space leases for $45 per square foot.
Not included in the listing is a 286-unit luxury apartment development by Unicorp under construction on the property, The Jonna Group said, or ownership of the parking deck.
Unicorp paid $20 million for the property three years ago in an online auction when the office tower was just 41 percent occupied, Crain’s reported at the time. Whittall told Crain’s in 2016 that he planned a $130 million development with about 200 apartments. By 2017, that had grown to $150 million, according to a February 2018 story in the Troy Times.
The Jonna Group says Unicorp spent more than $35 million office parking upgrades, tenant improvements, lobby renovations and other building improvements. That doesn’t include apartment construction.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on January 15, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.