Former Flint Delphi site being readied for redevelopment
A $36,000 state grant is being used to promote new development at Flint’s former Delphi Flint East property, a part of nearly a half-million in grants supporting the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce programs focused on economic and community growth.
The site readiness program grant from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation will help get the half-square-mile portion of the former Delphi site ready to be developed and help market the property to prospective developers. The area sits along Dort Highway and Robert T. Longway Boulevard and for nearly 100 years was home to Delphi, A.C. Spark Plug and UAW Local 651.
“We see great potential with the former Delphi site,” Herman said. “Once we complete this assessment and mapping project, the property will meet all vetted sites criteria set by the MEDC and achieve its ‘shovel-ready’ status.”
The property, which is bound by Averill and Davison, sits adjacent to the property purchased two years ago by Phoenix Investors for $3.15 million two years ago.
The MEDC grant program aims to assist with the development or enhancement of industrial sites to help them get closer to having vetted site standards. The Flint & Genesee Chamber will use the grant to conduct an infrastructure assessment and mapping project of the Delphi site, and also support the development of marketing materials.
The MEDC grant was one of several announced recently by the Flint & Genesee Chamber. The largest grant was $345,006 from the Defense Logistics Agency to support the chamber’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center. The center provides procurement advice and counseling to Michigan companies interested in doing business with local, state, and federal governments.
The remaining grants include:
- $80,500 from the Community Foundation of Greater Flint for the TeenQuest/Summer Youth Initiative.
- $36,000 from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s (MEDC) Michigan Site Readiness Program for economic development.
- $10,000 from The Whiting Foundation for YouthQuest.
- $7,000 from the Child Welfare Society for YouthQuest.
- $2,500 from the GM Summer Youth Corps/United Way for YouthQuest.
- $1,000 from the Burroughs Memorial Trust for TeenQuest/Summer Youth Initiative.
- $500 from the Kiwanis Club of Flint for the Summer Youth Initiative.
“We are thankful for the support of our funders,” said Tim Herman, CEO at the Flint & Genesee Chamber. “Their generosity allows us to continue delivering programming that supports the success of our current and future workers, businesses and community.”
Posted By: Flint Side on November 6, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.