Georgio’s Cafe plans to add Sylvania location
Georgio’s Cafe International, a popular downtown restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine for more than three decades, plans to add a second location next month in Sylvania.
The new Georgio’s Grill will hit the ground running by taking over the site of another restaurant now in the process of closing — the 5th Street Pub, at 5577 Monroe St.
“We will do a soft opening next week, a kind of pre-opening. And we will try to keep everybody who is working there already,” said Chris Kamilaris, who with his brother George co-owns Georgio’s Cafe Int. at 1986 N. Superior St.
Mr. Kamilaris said the deal is tentative with certain agreements still to be finalized and signed. But 5th Street Pub, which is owned by Jeff and Melissa Kies and opened in January 2016 after a long delay in getting a permit for a custom brick pizza oven, announced on Wednesday via social media that it will close on Friday.
The closing will not affect the original 5th Street Pub location in Perrysburg, which the owners said they are planning to expand.
Mr. Kamilaris said he and his brother George, the chef at Georgio’s, have had no interest in expansion since opening their downtown restaurant in 1986 adjacent to the Valentine Theater.
“We never thought of doing anything other than this, this type of restaurant. But now my brother’s son (Anthony) is interested and my boy (Andreas) is interested so we decided to move into that spot in Sylvania,” Mr. Kamilaris said. “That’s what it is all about for us. Our boys are now interested in the business.”
The second location will not duplicate Georgio’s Cafe, but rather will be “the lighter side of Georgio’s,” the restaurant owner said.
Georgio’s Grill will focus on sandwiches, grilled items, smaller plates of Mediterranean cuisine, and pizza.
The plan, according to the family, is to experiment a little at first, then settle on a more permanent menu after three or four weeks and have a bigger grand opening.
“It’s fun, it’s exciting, but again, we’re doing this with a little bit of caution,” Mr. Kamilaris said. “And if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.”
Posted By: Toledo Blade on January 30, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.