Germany’s HELLA Opens U.S. Headquarters in Northville Township
HELLA, an automotive lighting and electronics company based in Germany, has opened its new U.S. headquarters in Northville Township, replacing its previous U.S. headquarters of more than 20 years in Plymouth Township, as well as two local satellite offices.
The two-level facility is nearly 140,000 square feet and has an accredited in-house test lab that will be ISO 17025-certified and capable to perform EMC, vibration, and environmental validation testing. The facility will also have a lighting tunnel equipped with a customized goniophotometer to provide measurement technology, which will be certified to IATF 16949 and ISO/IEC 17025 and able to support product development and validation testing.
Central function such as purchasing, sales, finance, controlling, and information management for the North America region are also housed in the facility.
“The opening of our state-of-the-art new headquarters further validates our commitment to the North American market and opens the doors for endless opportunities in the future,” says Steve Lietaert, president of HELLA Corporate Center USA. “With an open layout and ideal location, it gives us the space, connectivity, and resources we need to optimize efficiencies and expand our reach in the region.”
The facility includes a flexible, open-concept work environment with modern office equipment, focus rooms, and meeting spaces. It also incorporates natural light and offers a fitness center, Plum Market cafeteria, and other amenities.
HELLA partnered with REDICO, Amson Nassar Development, and Biddison Architecture and Design, to complete the project, which broke ground in November 2017. The company has more than 350 employees at the Northville location and about 800 employees in the U.S. Worldwide, it has more than 40,000 employees at more than 125 locations in 35 countries.
Posted By: dbusiness on June 25, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.