Giffin to expand presence in Auburn Hills with $9 million manufacturing center
Giffin Inc. plans to invest $9 million into a new 100,000-square-foot manufacturing center in Auburn Hills, expanding its presence in the Oakland County city, officials announced Tuesday.
The supplier is awaiting approval from the city for its plans at 4444 Giddings Road alongside the supplier’s headquarters and R&D center. The new facility will produce paint finishing systems, such as robotic paint spray booths, according to a post from the city.
Giffin declined to comment on the reason for the expansion.
Farmington Hills-based developer J.B. Donaldson Co. submitted a development proposal for the manufacturing center, which will create approximately 65 more jobs to start, Steven Cohen, director of community development for the city of Auburn Hills, confirmed in an email to Crain’s.
If approved by City Council on Nov. 26, construction would begin in February, the post said. The developer told Crain’s the project will probably be completed by November 2019.
Giffin is a full-service system supplier, catering to automotive, aerospace, agricultural, health care and large truck manufacturing sectors.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on November 6, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.