Google signs lease for old printing facility of The Ann Arbor News
Tech giant Google is quietly growing its footprint in Washtenaw County.
The company signed a lease for a space at 5690 Hines Drive in Pittsfield Township, a Google spokesperson said in an email. It is unclear what the company plans to do with the space.
The property formerly housed a printing facility for The Ann Arbor News and Jackson Citizen Patriot until Nov. 20, 2016. The facility closed when a contract with The New York Times expired and the printing of The Ann Arbor News and Jackson Citizen Patriot was moved to other Michigan facilities.
Google in 2017 moved workers into a 135,000-square-foot office space at 2300 Traverwood Drive. It previously housed employees in a downtown Ann Arbor space at the McKinley Towne Centre, at 505 E. Liberty and a site near Briarwood Mall. It originally operated out of a petite office in a space above Vinology on Main Street. The company also opened a 30,000-square-foot office at 52 E. Henry St. inside Detroit’s Little Caesars Arena in November 2018, moving some employees from Google’s Birmingham office.
Google has more than 600 employees across the state.
The tech giant announced a $17-million investment across the region in June 2019, noting it planned “capital improvements and expansions in its offices in Detroit and Ann Arbor.” Once the expansions are completed, Google will occupy more than 260,000 square feet of space across Michigan.
Posted By: mlive on January 10, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.