Grand Rapids ranks No. 3 among large cities for ‘thriving’ manufacturing
Grand Rapids was ranked third among large cities where manufacturing is “thriving,” according to a new study.
AdvisorSmith, a financial services advisory startup based in New York, ranked Grand Rapids at No. 3 over other large cities such as Hartford, Connecticut; Greenville, South Carolina; Detroit; and San Francisco.
According to the report, manufacturing output per capita was $13,931 in Grand Rapids compared with a national average of $7,032.
Grand Rapids ranked No. 20 among cities of all sizes, beating out Kalamazoo at No. 33 and Battle Creek at No. 44.
Major manufacturing industries in Grand Rapids that were listed in the study include office furniture, automotive and medical devices.
AdvisorSmith analyzed cities using data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Census Bureau and the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
The study ranked cities based on their manufacturing output per capita, manufacturing employment and other factors, then categorized the results by small, medium and large cities.
The full report is online.
Top 10 large cities where manufacturing is thriving:
1. San Jose, California
2. Wichita, Kansas
3. Grand Rapids
4. Palm Bay, Florida
5. Hartford, Connecticut
6. Ogden, Utah
7. Greenville, South Carolina
8. Durham, North Carolina
10. San Francisco
Posted By: Grand Rapids Business Journal on January 24, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.