Gun Lake Casino plans $100 million expansion
A 72,000-square-foot expansion at Gun Lake Casino will allow the operation to grow its gaming, restaurant and entertainment options.
Preliminary site work for the $100 million project is currently underway. Gun Lake Casino expects construction to begin in the coming weeks, with an opening expected in summer of 2021.
The expansion, which involves adding a new building to the south side of the current facility, will make way for an additional 450 slot machines, 12 new table games and a larger non-smoking area inside the casino, which opened in 2011. Gun Lake Casino also plans to double the size of its Stage 131 entertainment venue and add a pair of upscale restaurants with the project.
Including the current expansion, the Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians, or Gun Lake Tribe, has invested $415 million into the facility.
“We are proud of the effort of our team members that has driven the continued success of Gun Lake Casino and our Tribe’s contributions to Michigan’s economy in the last eight years,” Gun Lake Tribal Chairman Bob Peters said in a statement. “These expansion plans allow us to build on these efforts and provide even more employment opportunities and increased economic impact in our local communities.”
Lansing-based Clark Construction Co. is serving as construction manager of the project, which was designed by Hartford, Conn.-based JCJ Architecture PC.
The build-out will involve a range of union labor and contractors, including members of the Michigan Building Trades, Southwest Building Trades Council and West Michigan Construction Alliance.
In addition to an expected 300 construction-related jobs, the project will also allow Gun Lake Casino to hire an additional 125 people, according to a statement.
The casino currently employs 1,100 people and features more than 2,000 slot machines, 47 table games and a high-limit room. The 156,000-square-foot facility also has a 225-seat cafe and 300-seat buffet restaurant, plus various bar areas.
Posted By: MiBiz on October 16, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.