JUNIOR LEAGUE OF BIRMINGHAM, MI HIRES SIGNATURE ASSOCIATES TO SELL PROPERTY ON NORTH OLD WOODWARD
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—April 24, 2018— The Junior League of Birmingham, MI, Inc. (JLB) is proud to announce the sale offering of their property located at 460 N. Old Woodward Ave in Birmingham. Established in 1952, the JLB is an organization of women committed to developing the potential of other women and improving the community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Since its inception, the JLB has contributed more than $5 million dollars and one million volunteer hours to organizations throughout Oakland County and the surrounding areas. In the last five years, the JLB has undergone an organizational restructuring which has put the League in a strong position of growth, leading to their decision to transition from a brick-and-mortar establishment to a new environment that meets their current needs and better serves the community.
Built in 1965 and situated on a 0.13 acre piece of land right on the main thoroughfare, this 3,232 square foot building offers a unique opportunity for redevelopment or investment. Birmingham offers a wonderful pedestrian-friendly downtown with one of the Midwest’s premier shopping districts, and this property gets excellent foot traffic surrounded by several restaurants and businesses. Old Woodward Ave. is currently undergoing beneficial improvements but the building lies outside the construction zone and once completed Old Woodward Ave. will have increased walkability and brand new infrastructure.
“The members of Junior League of Birmingham, MI, Inc. know this action will enable us to double down on our efforts to serve women and children in crisis in our own communities,” said JLB President Noelle Schiffer. “For the last 66 years, the JLB has been partnering with organizations like Lighthouse of Oakland County in service to our mission to promote volunteerism, develop the potential of women, and improve our communities.”
“We are very excited to work with JLB on this prestigious assignment,” said Erica Dunlap of Signature Associates. “Birmingham real estate is at an all-time high and we look forward to maximizing the site’s potential through our tailored process.”
Angela Thomas, Erica Dunlap, Luke Timmis, and Griffin Pitcher comprise the project team representing the property. Stay tuned for more information being released by Signature Associates regarding this opportunity and visit our website at www.460now.com.
About Signature Associates
Signature Associates, with offices in Southfield, Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Muskegon, Holland, Kalamazoo, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio, is the region’s leading commercial real estate firm. Signature provides a diverse selection of services, including brokerage, tenant representation, investment sales, advisory & management services, consulting and market research.
In 2017, Signature completed more than 1,106 transactions totaling 34.7 million square feet and 1,536 acres with a value of $1.2 billion. Additionally, our Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.