Kelly Services renovating headquarters, consolidating space with sale-leaseback deal
The publicly traded staffing company (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) on Thursday announced a pending sale of three of its owned properties, including its headquarters building, to Bloomfield Hills-based A.F. Jonna Development LLC that means nearly 420,000 square feet of office space on the West Big Beaver and Crooks corridor will be shifted around.
The properties in the sale are the Kelly Services headquarters at 999 W. Big Beaver Road, which is 180,500 square feet; the headquarters annex, a 50,000-square-foot property once known as the Kimberly Scott Building at 911 W. Big Beaver; and the Lindsey Centre, which is 88,000 square feet at 2690 Crooks Rd.
Olivier Thirot, executive vice president and CFO, said in a statement: “By consolidating our employees into these two properties, including a renovated, modern headquarters building, we will be able to provide more employees with better accommodations and greater connectivity.”
The architecture firm on the renovation is Pontiac-based TDG Architects and Interior Space Management, which has offices in Troy and Southfield, is working on the flooring at the under-renovation headquarters, Mioduszewski said.
According to a third-quarter office market report from the local outpost of New York City-based brokerage house Newmark Knight Frank, the average office space asking rate in Troy is $20.39 per square foot, with higher-end Class A space asking $23.48 per square foot and more modest Class B space asking $19.67 per square foot. The market has 13.38 million square feet and is 17 percent vacant, according to NKF.
Plans for the headquarters annex and the Lindsey Centre that are being vacated will be revealed by AF Jonna at a later date, according to a press release from Kelly Services. A message was left with Arkan Jonna, head of A.F. Jonna.
The four properties total 418,500 square feet and are spread across about 19 acres, according to information compiled from CoStar Group Inc., a Washington, D.C.-based real estate information service.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on December 5, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.