Kensington Church looks to build Bloomfield campus at Detroit Country Day site
The Troy-based nondenominational church is under contract to purchase the private school’s Bloomfield Village Campus at Lahser and Maple roads, said Melissa Thwing, spokeswoman for Kensington Church.
The school is replacing that campus, consisting of a 36,000-square-foot building on 3.5 acres of property, with a $30 million expansion at its middle school at 22400 Hillview Lane in Beverly Hills.
The new campus would be its fifth permanent one. Others are in Troy, Clinton Township, Lake Orion and Traverse City.
The new campus would be funded through Kensington’s three-year, $30 million capital campaign that ended in March. It was unclear if the campaign goal was met. The same campaign funded the 61,000-square-foot worship center in Clinton Township.
Downtown Publications reported Friday that many community members voiced opposition to the plan during a public hearing Tuesday. Traffic flow, noise and parking were among the concerns of neighbors.
The publication reported that Kensington plans to work with Novi-based Cunningham-Limp Development Co. on the project, as it did with its previous development. The historic building on the campus would be preserved, and construction costs could reach $6 million.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on April 19, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.