Kroger to build marketplace on site of former Kmart in Sterling Heights
There are a few permit and utility pieces that are still in motion, but demolition is ready to begin sometime this week, Rachel Hurst, corporate affairs manager at Kroger, said in an email.
The planned 129,000-square-foot superstore and fuel center at 2051 18 Mile Road at Dequindre Road in the Windmill Plaza will cost Kroger more than $26 million and will employ more than 300 part- and full-time employees, according to Hurst. Kroger plans to open the store during its fourth quarter.
Kroger Marketplace stores offer groceries, home décor, bed and bath products, kitchen goods, small appliances, as well as home office products and toys, according to the company’s website.
Kroger operates two other stores in Sterling Heights, at 2260 18 Mile Road and 43893 Schoenherr Road. It is unclear whether either location will close once the superstore opens.
Fitness center also moving in
On the east side of Windmill Plaza, where Frank’s Nursery and Crafts once stood, The Edge Fitness Clubs LLC of Orange, Conn., plans to open a new location next winter, Laura Altieri, marketing manager at Edge Fitness, said in an email. The 36,500-square-foot store at 2325 18 Mile Road will employ 50 people, according to Altieri.
The gym is one of four locations that will be popping up in metro Detroit over the next two years. The other three will be located in Rochester Hills, Westland and Farmington Hills, according to the company’s website.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on March 5, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.