Loc Performance to hire 700 for growth in Lansing, Plymouth
Loc Performance Products Inc. plans to hire 700 and invest up to $96.5 million in the greater Lansing area and at its home base in Plymouth, armed with a new state grant and upcoming defense contracts.
Loc, a full-service provider of driveline, suspension and track systems for military tracked vehicles and the industrial market, will receive $7 million in performance-based funding through the state’s economic development arm.
The Michigan Strategic Fund under the Michigan Economic Development Corp. approved the incentive Tuesday.
“It is necessary for Michigan to close the financial gap that up-front construction costs will present versus the other sites which are move-in-ready,” the MEDC memo said.
The company will expand the north Lansing facility it purchased last June when it acquired Demmer Corp. The purchase added about 200 employees to its base.
The manufacturer may be looking to later buy or lease a new “state-of-the-art” facility in Ingham County, the memo said. But “terms are flexible,” MEDC communications manager Otie McKinley said in an email.
As part of its growth over the next five years, Loc plans to hire around 400-500 people in Lansing and 200-300 in Plymouth. The bulk of the $96.5 million will be spent for Lansing-area growth, McKinley said.
The investment comes as the company executes a growth strategy and expects to take on several “substantial” defense contracts, according to the memo.
Loc representatives didn’t immediately respond to messages seeking comment. The state also awarded Loc $600,000 in incentives in 2014 to create 95 jobs with a $12 million investment. Loc Performance had $154 million in revenue in 2017, up from $120 million in 2016.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on June 26, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.