Maumee approves traffic study for uptown
Maumee City Council approved a traffic study Monday night for one of the busiest parts of the city.
A contract was approved with DGL Consulting Engineers to perform the study in various portions of the Uptown district. The cost is not to exceed $99,541.
The vote was 6-0 with Councilman Brent Buehrer abstaining because of a conflict of interest.
The public service department concluded in May a traffic study would be beneficial, and proposals have been sent to engineering firms for consideration. The study would examine traffic along Conant Street from the Anthony Wayne Trail to Broadway Street, and Gibbs Street to Allen Street.
Public Service Director Joe Camp met in August with several business owners in the affected areas to gather their suggestions and concerns. Nancy Gagnet, president of the Maumee Uptown Business Association, previously told The Blade a traffic study would “absolutely be a good idea.”
Mr. Camp said the city would like experts to evaluate the current parking inventory, and look at occupancy on an hourly basis for city-owned and maintained lots. He hopes to have preliminary results before the end of the year.
Monnette’s Market purchasing land in the 200 block of Conant for a new store is one of the driving forces behind the study. Monnette’s general manager Kyle Ryan said it recently received approval for on-street parking and a curb cut, which should help traffic flow.
Plans call for the new store to be open by next spring or summer.
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on October 7, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.