Michigan Ranks 9th in Nation for Economic Development Projects
Michigan ranks ninth among the top 10 states with the most economic development projects according to Site Selection magazine’s 2018 Governor’s Cup rankings, moving up two places from last year’s list. The magazine covers economic planning and expansion nationwide.
“There is no doubt that Michigan is a home for economic opportunity, and these rankings are a testament to the business climate and growth opportunities available for businesses and communities in our state,” says Jeff Mason, CEO of Michigan Economic Development Corp. “From international companies deciding to invest in Michigan to entrepreneurs accessing the tools they need to grow, Michigan offers an ideal environment to do business.”
This year, the city of Detroit also made the magazine’s list of top 10 metros with a population over 1 million for 2018, ranking eighth and highlighting the increase in economic development projects taking place in the city. In January, Business Facilities magazine recognized the Michigan Central Station Ford Detroit Redevelopment Project as one of the top development deals for 2018, noting the facility will “become the crown jewel of Detroit’s turbocharged recovery.”
Muskegon and Saginaw tied for a spot this year in the list of top 10 metros with a population less than 200,000, underscoring Michigan’s competitive edge in attracting new investments and growing businesses in communities throughout the state.
Michigan’s ranking in the Governor’s Cup joins a growing list of accolades over the past year, including: Michigan being named in a list of “Top States for Business” by CNBC; making Site Selection’s top five “Global Best to Invest” list; jumping nine places in Chief Executive magazine’s “Best States to do Business” ranking; and a No. 3 ranking for tech job growth in the nation by CompTIA.
It also comes on the heels of the announcement last week by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles that it will invest $4.5 billion in Michigan and create nearly 6,500 jobs by building a new automobile assembly plant in Detroit, and adding production at five existing Michigan facilities, representing the automaker’s largest investment in the U.S. since 2009.
Posted By: dbusiness on March 6, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.