Michigan’s first Amazon-branded store coming to Somerset Collection
Amazon 4-star opens at 10 a.m. in approximately 4,500 square feet in the Troy mall. It’s the latest addition to Amazon’s roster of brick-and-mortar outposts across the U.S., and sells a selection of home goods, electronics, books and other products that are highly rated on the e-commerce behemoth’s website.
While some brick-and-mortar-first retailers attribute their slowing sales to online shopping and Amazon’s eclipsing prominence, the Seattle-based retailer itself sees a market for in-person shopping. The Somerset store is Amazon’s 12th 4-star location. Others are in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Texas, Massachusetts, Washington and New York. The first opened in New York City in fall 2018.
Metro Detroiters are “gearing up to stay home right now,” she said, buying books, cookbooks and heated pet beds — among other things.
4-star’s products are mostly those popular on Amazon, but it does “sprinkle in” some local products, Donahoe said.
She declined to disclose the amount Amazon spent to build out the store.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on March 10, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.