Mixed-use development in downtown Muskegon gets $1.5 million in state funding
The state of Michigan is providing funding assistance for a new mixed-use development in downtown Muskegon.
The Michigan Strategic Fund voted Tuesday to award Sweetwater Development Partners LLC financial assistance in the amount of $1.5 million through the Michigan Community Revitalization Program.
The request supports an $8.9 million project that includes a six-story mixed-use building called The Leonard at 292 W. Western Ave., on the corner of Second Street and Western Avenue.
Sweetwater Development is planning to construct a 51,565-square-foot building that will contain first-floor retail space, second and third-floor office space and 18 one-bedroom and two-bedroom units on the remaining three floors.
The property is part of the former Muskegon Mall area. The mall was demolished in 2001. It was previously owned by the Downtown Muskegon Development Corp., whose mission was to acquire the former Muskegon Mall properties and prepare the sites for future redevelopment. This site is also within an Opportunity Zone and has been approved by the Muskegon City Commission for a 15-year Neighborhood Enterprise Zone tax exemption.
Sweetwater Development, owned by Corey Leonard, previously developed the property at 605 W. Western Ave., which is now Muskegon Radiology. Leonard is also the owner of Grand Haven-based Big Signs, a graphics and sign company.
Posted By: MiBiz on December 17, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.