Morgue Laboratory Equipment Provider Inks Lease in Detroit
Mopec, a Michigan-based laboratory equipment provider, plans to move into new industrial and office space in the Detroit area next year.
The company leased the 63,470-square-foot 800 Tech Row, an industrial property that includes 21,568 square feet of office space, according to Gary Stephens with Signature Associates, which represented the landlord in the deal.
The deal was signed earlier this month, and Mopec is planning to move into the building in March, according to CoStar data. The property sits in Madison Heights, a northern suburb of Detroit.
Mopec will relocate from 34,000 square feet at 21750 Coolidge Highway in Oak Park, Michigan, where it has had space since 2002. Its new space at 800 Tech Row is about 10 miles northwest of its Coolidge Highway space.
The asking rent rate at 800 Tech Row was $6.05 per square foot, according to marketing materials. This is in-line with a typical industrial lease in Detroit, where the average rent rate is $6.44 per square foot, according to CoStar data.
The property at 800 Tech Row was built in 1986.
Mopec provides equipment such as autopsy sinks, morgue freezers, carts and tables morgues and necropsy laboratories.
Detroit’s industrial market is heating up with about 187 manufacturing and transportation companies expanding operations and executing new leases totaling 4.35 million square feet of commercial space during the first half of 2019, according to CoStar data.
Several large warehouse projects are underway in Detroit. Ashley Capital is developing the 651,610-square-foot Tri-County Commerce Center, a distribution facility in Hazel Park close to interstates 696 and 75. The General Development Co. is developing a 461,525-square-foot manufacturing and production assembly center in Auburn Hills. FANUC America Corp., which supplies automated industrial robots for assembly lines, will occupy the facility.
For the Record
Paul Hoge and Gary Stephens with Signature Associates represented the landlord, Kemp & Sherman Co. Mopec was represented by Gregg Kent, Robert Gagniuk and Chris Cornell of Friedman Real Estate.
Posted By: CoStar News on October 17, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.